An exotic South-of-the-border getaway is a great way to relax while experiencing the beauty of another culture. At Solmar Hotels & Resorts, we want you to have an amazing experience in Cabo San Lucas. Whether this is your first visit or you are a seasoned, margarita-drinking professional, we’ve compiled this list of FAQs to answer everything you need to know about your upcoming trip.

From what age is check-in allowed?
From what age is check-in allowed?

In all our properties the minimum age to check in a room is 21 years old. Otherwise you must share a room with a minimum of One person over 21 years of age.


Do you accept pets?

Grand Solmar Pacific Dunes, Grand Solmar The Residences, Grand Solmar Land’s End, Playa Grande Resort, The Ridge at Playa Grande & Solmar Resort welcomes all guests with dogs required for assistance with hearing and vision impairments only. One certified service pet is welcome at no additional charge to the guest. According to policy, the Resorts do not allow pets. Only certified service pets are allowed (you must bring a letter to support this), which must be accompanied by the guest with a physical disability at all times and are not allowed to be left alone in the rooms.

Can resorts help guests schedule activities?

Yes, our concierge can help you plan sightseeing tours, excursions, diving and snorkeling trips, and other adventures during your stay.


Does Solmar Resorts offer babysitting services?

You can arrange childcare through concierge. 24 hour advance notice is required. Please ask for the cost per hour and per child.


Do you offer cribs and high chairs for babies?

Yes, we have cribs and highchairs for babies at your disposal. Please email us in advance before your arrival as availability is limited and extra charges may apply.


How much do you tip?

We suggest leaving a tip of USD$3 per day for room cleaning. Waiters are generally tipped 15%, while hotel and airport bellhops are recommended to tip US$2 per suitcase.


Environmental Sanitation Collection

The government of the municipality of Los Cabos is in the process of implementing the new environmental sanitation fee charge. This is a fee that will be dedicated to the improvement of the local community. Below are the details: • How much does it cost? $36.30 Mexican pesos per room per night approximately $2.50 USD depending on the exchange rate regardless of occupancy. • How will it be charged? The charge will be made by hotels, timeshares and lodging facilities throughout the destination. Travelers will be able to see the charge on their hotel bill at check-in or check-out.• Who is subject to the charge? All tourists who visit a business unit that bills for accommodation services in Los Cabos. • What is the purpose of the charge? The new charge will support government investment in environmental infrastructure, sustainability and safety practices, among other projects.


What is Los Cabos and where is it located?
What is Los Cabos and where is it located?

Los Cabos is the municipality that includes the cities of Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo in the state of Baja California Sur, Mexico. Los Cabos is located in the southern part of the Baja California peninsula.


Where is Cabo San Lucas?

Located approximately 1,000 miles south of San Diego, California, Cabo San Lucas is located at the tip of the Baja California peninsula. The Cabo San Lucas International Airport is located just 28 miles from our central location.


How do I get to Los Cabos?

It is relatively easy to get to Los Cabos from any major city in the USA and Mexico. Before your departure, be sure to reserve a rental car or book a private or shared shuttle service that can take you from the airport to our hotel. Do not hesitate to consult with our concierge if you have questions. The airlines that have a destination to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) are: United Airlines, Delta, Frontier, Sunwing, West Jet, Virgin America, Sun Country, Air Transat, Volaris, Interjet, Viva Aerobus, Aeromexico, and several other private ones, National and international.


Do cell phones work in Cabo San Lucas?

Your cell phone/mobile phone should work in Mexico. However, we recommend checking with your service provider to make sure your plan has international coverage.


What do you need to drive in Los Cabos and Baja California Sur?

You need a valid license, issued by your state or country. There is no need for special permits unless you plan to drive within the Mexican Republic. Roads in the area are generally safe, but can be narrow. The highway that connects Cabo San Lucas with San José del Cabo has good lighting, is modern and has four lanes. It is necessary to have automobile insurance to drive in Mexico. Don’t forget to pick up a map that shows the location of gas stations in the area, and always make sure you have as full a tank as possible, since the distances between gas stations can be significant.


What is the legal age for the consumption of alcoholic beverages?

In Mexico, legally at 18 years of age the consumption of alcoholic beverages is admissible. All guests wishing to consume alcoholic beverages must present valid identification if required.


What is the Time Zone of Los Cabos? Are there time changes in the summer?

Los Cabos and Baja California Sur use Pacific time in Winter and Mountain time in Summer.


Is there public bus service?

Los Cabos offers a very practical bus service that connects the cities of San José del Cabo with Cabo San Lucas. Buses travel along the main road and make a stop every 20 minutes. Fares for a trip between the two cities are priced at approximately $90 pesos (USD$5 dollars) per person.


Temperature and climate What is the climate like in the region?

Cabo San Lucas has a temperate-arid climate with 300 sunny days a year. The temperature averages 26.5 degrees during the day and 15 degrees at night during the high tourist season (October and April). In the low seasons (May to September), temperatures can reach up to 36 degrees Celsius during the day and can range between 20 and 26 degrees at night. Most rain falls during the months of September and October.


What type of clothing should I wear?

If you plan to explore the area, fresh, light-colored, cotton clothing and a pair of comfortable shoes are recommended. You will need pants and long-sleeved shirts for jungle trekking. Pack a light jacket or sweater, or a shawl for evenings, especially in the winter. A hat, sunglasses and plenty of sunscreen are essential.


What do I need to travel to Mexico? - Entry requirements:

The government of Mexico requires that all visitors present themselves with a valid passport from their country of residence. If you enter Mexico by plane, you will need a Tourist Form (FMT). Your airline will provide you with an FMT form upon arrival.


What language is spoken in Mexico?

The official language is Spanish. English is spoken in tourist areas. You can practice your Spanish or English with our staff.


What is the electrical voltage in Mexico?

The standard voltage in Mexico is 110 volts. We recommend bringing a voltage converter or purchasing one in our store if you will be using 220 volt appliances.


Can I get a taxi from my hotel?
Can I get a taxi from my hotel?

All Solmar Hotels & Resorts properties have a taxi service, just ask our staff and they will be happy to order a taxi for you when you need it. Be sure to check the list of rates that you can find in the lobby. Taxi fares are generally more expensive in places than street taxis.


What options do I have to pay my bill?

During your stay, you can leave an account open at the hotel to make purchases of food and drinks, all purchases in our stores or to book specialized tours. At the time of your departure you can pay your account in full, you can pay your account with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. We do not accept cash, Traveler’s Checks, personal checks or Discover cards.


Does my resort have parking?

Yes, parking and valet service is free at all Solmar Hotels & Resorts properties for guests who visit us with their own or rented car.


Do you offer free transportation service between Solmar Hotels & Resorts properties?

Yes, Solmar Resorts offers a transportation service between Grand Solmar Land’s End, Solmar Resort, Playa Grande, and The Ridge in Playa Grande. We also have transportation between Grand Solmar Land’s End and Grand Solmar Pacific Dunes. Transportation operates almost every day and night. Don’t hesitate to ask for a more detailed itinerary at the reception.


Do Solmar Resorts have shops on site?

Almost all Solmar Hotels & Resorts properties have convenience stores with a selection of imported and Mexican products. Shops are open daily and offer snacks, deli items and a variety of groceries. You will also find soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits, as well as home goods, souvenirs and pharmacy.


Where can I change my currency type?

Although the official currency in Mexico is the Mexican peso, US dollars are generally accepted in Cabo San Lucas (within the tourist area). US and Canadian dollars, as well as traveler’s checks, can be exchanged in the hotel lobby. Local banks and exchange houses will be able to exchange most currencies in Mexican pesos, including American dollars, Canadian dollars, Euros, Pounds, and traveler’s checks.


Will I be able to get cash from my credit card at banks?

Yes, all local banks will be able to provide cash, and most offer ATMs for use during non-banking hours. Please note that a cash withdrawal fee may apply.